Genuine Time Crystals (Not Frank Wilczek's Fakes)
Add Reply
Pentcho Valev
2017-11-18 21:02:13 UTC
Réponse
"A time crystal or space-time crystal is a structure that repeats periodically in time, as well as in space. Normal three-dimensional crystals have a repeating pattern in space, but remain unchanged with respect to time; time crystals repeat themselves in time as well, leading the crystal to change from moment to moment. A time crystal never reaches thermal equilibrium, as it is a type of non-equilibrium matter - a form of matter proposed in 2012, and first observed in 2017. This state of matter cannot be isolated from its environment - it is an open system in non-equilibrium. The idea of a time crystal was first described by Nobel laureate and MIT professor Frank Wilczek in 2012. Subsequent work developed a more precise definition for time crystals, ultimately leading to a proof that they cannot exist in equilibrium. Then in 2016, Norman Yao and colleagues at the University of California at Berkeley proposed a way to create non-equilibrium time crystals, which Christopher Monroe and Mikhail Lukin independently confirmed in their labs. Both experiments were published in Nature in 2017." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_crystal

Philip Ball explains why Frank Wilczek's time crystals are bogus:

"But to make that happen, the researchers must deliver kicks to the spins, provided by a laser or pulses of microwaves, to keep them out of equilibrium. The time crystals are sustained only by constant kicking, even though - crucially - their oscillation doesn't match the rhythm of the kicking. The experiments are ingenious and the results show that this modified version of Wilczek's vision is feasible. But are we right to award the new findings this eye-catching new label, or are they really just a new example of a phenomenon that has been going on since the first primeval heart started beating? If these fancy arrangements of quantum spins deserve to be called time crystals, can we then say that we each already have a time crystal pulsing inside of us, keeping us alive?" http://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/blogs/philip-ball/time-crystals-could-they-exist-science-physics

Genuine time crystals (all of them are perpetual-motion machines of the second kind):

"The Formation of the Floating Water Bridge including electric breakdowns"

"Liquid Dielectric Capacitor" [See the turbulent motion between the plates of the capacitor]

See the explanation of the last picture here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan%27s_Paradox

Pentcho Valev
Pentcho Valev
2017-11-19 08:58:34 UTC
Réponse
Time crystal par excellence:

"A plane capacitor with rectangular plates is fixed in a vertical position. [...] The capacitor is charged and disconnected from the battery. [...] The lower part of the capacitor is now brought into contact with a dielectric liquid:

When the plates contact the liquid's surface, a force in the upward direction is exerted on the dielectric liquid. The total charge on each plate remains constant..." [END OF QUOTATION] http://electron6.phys.utk.edu/PhysicsProblems/E&M/2-Dielectrics/capacitors_with_dielectrics.html

Note PERPETUAL (limited only by the deterioration of the system, e.g. slow discharge of the capacitor) FLOWS between the plates:

"Liquid Dielectric Capacitor"x http://youtu.be/T6KAH1JpdPg

Pentcho Valev
Ahmed Ouahi, Architect
2017-11-19 12:09:45 UTC
Réponse
One way or an other as earth travels aroud the sun in an elliptical orbit
Where earth and sun if the time intervals of travel for these elliptical
arcs
Are equal then the areas of their sectors are equal therefore that the line

Segment joining the sun and the earth sweeps out equal areas or sectors
Along an equal intervals of a time along its orbit however a sun would be
Located at one of the foci of the ellipse thereby making each sector's area

Equal for a fixed time interval and the arc lengths of the sectors is
unequal
Thus the earth's orbit speed varies along its path as definitely this
accounts
For variations along lengths of the daylight for years during different
times
--
Ahmed Ouahi, Architect
Best Regards!

"Pentcho Valev" kirjoitti
viestissä:b4097a13-40ef-4f00-812b-***@googlegroups.com...

[...]

http://youtu.be/17UD1goTFhQ

"Liquid Dielectric Capacitor" [See the turbulent motion between the plates
of the capacitor] http://youtu.be/T6KAH1JpdPg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ce/NatureSLTD-Fig1c.jpg

Pentcho Valev
Ahmed Ouahi, Architect

Pentcho Valev
Pentcho Valev
2017-11-19 20:30:10 UTC
Réponse
The perpetual motion of water in an electric field, driven by AMBIENT HEAT, is in my view the most important physical event here on Earth:

"The Formation of the Floating Water Bridge..." http://youtu.be/17UD1goTFhQ

"Liquid Dielectric Capacitor" [Note the turbulent motion between the plates of the capacitor] http://youtu.be/T6KAH1JpdPg

Adam Wexler's article is extremely instructive, both for what it says explicitly and for what it only implies:

"There is practically nothing ordinary about the water in an active floating bridge, and this is no esoteric experiment, as the strength and shape of the electric field we apply in the water bridge is nearly ubiquitous throughout nature. It turns out that if we examine the electric fields present in nature, such as those in living cells, around soil particles, or in clouds, we find that the field strengths are on the same order of magnitude - megavolts per meter. Which incidentally is the same in the water bridge, not to mention inside many electrochemical and biochemical fuel cells that are now being used to develop the next generation of resource recovery technologies. Megavolts per meter seems to be this kind of universal constant of field strength in aqueous systems. It's such an enticing observation that, during my defense, one of my opponents made a point to ask whether I thought this was just a coincidence or indicated some deeper truth that we are as yet unaware. Of course I had to answer the latter, as I am a firm believer that nature is quite deliberate in its construction and there are really no accidents. [...] The floating water bridge is a long-lost piece of the puzzle in understanding why water is such an unusual substance. What we had missed was that, in liquids there exists an intrinsic disequilibrium which continuously drives the system around within a big basin of possible configurations; and water is again exceptional. When we apply the electric field, we perturb the dynamics and change the shape of the attractor basin. This in turn changes the flow of energy through the system and may even liberate stored energy that is inaccessible when the liquid is in the ground state." https://www.wetsus.nl/home/wetsus-news/more-than-just-a-party-trick-the-floating-water-bridge-holds-insight-into-nature-and-human-innovation/1

Note that some "stored energy" was "inaccessible" and is now "liberated". Actually there is no "stored energy" - the engine is powered by AMBIENT HEAT. We have a fundamental mechanism of utilization of ambient heat (no need for a temperature gradient) that has remained hidden for too long, thanks to the inclination of mankind to blind itself by imposing false restrictive principles - in this case the second law of thermodynamics. In an electric field, water is capable of undergoing perpetual (limited only by the deterioration of the system) motion and the energy source behind this is heat absorbed from the surroundings. The absorbed heat eventually returns to the surroundings, due to friction. However the perpetual motion can be harnessed - then heat absorbed from the surroundings will be converted into work, in violation of the second law of thermodynamics.

Pentcho Valev